Thursday, November 03, 2011

Ruby On Rails

 

I met a guy who seemed to know his stuff at an entrepreneurship (don’t you just hate that word?).  His name is Ori Pekelman (in case you're interested), and he told me about ruby on rails version 3.1.

A few years ago I heard about the Ruby, and I tried it out but I didn't really see the point in it. Another unstructured language is not what we need.

However if Ori says that he can create a whole web site in 5 minutes, maybe it's worth my time to investigate a bit further.

After googling for a bit,I found two sites:

http://Railsforzombies.org which is a really cool site, and http://tryruby.org.

After playing around with Railsforzombies, I come to a couple of conclusions:

1.  dot.net 3.5 lambda methods is taken directly from Ruby.

2.  dot.net 3.5 entities is taken from Ruby’s Rails, even the plural/Singular Classes vs. Tables naming conventions.

3. dot.net 4 MVC is probably taken from Ruby’s Rails as well.

 

I'm disappointed in you Microsoft, I thought you invented something cool.  Turns out you just took something cool and brought it to the masses.

Kudos to you th

No comments: