Tuesday, June 17, 2014

NOKIA SD Card

I have recently purchased a  phone with an SD card.

I bought a huge 2GB miniSD card, and wanted to transfer the data to the 2GB card.
When i tried, i recieved the frustrating error that it has copyrighted material on it and i can't copy.

It's MY F(%&*ING Card, and I want to back it up, and not have 2 SD cards on me at all times. what am i supposed to do with a 64MB card, save 10 mp3s on it? and where do i save camera images? no no no

a quick look on the web found no Good Answer.
The best i found was to copy the copyrighted material to the phone itself, and then to insert my new card and move data to it. and then reinsert nokia card and again again move to internal memory and then insert 2GB and then and then and on and on...

too slow, to stupid. not on my watch.

Then I found dd for windows. http://www.chrysocome.net/downloads/dd-0.6beta3.zip

this is a utility that creates an image (ISO) of your diskette, usb drive etc..

I imaged the nokia SD card to my HD
then using UltraISO extacted the data to a folder and lo-behold, no more copyright issues and i could copy my data "copyrighted" or not, to my 2GB memory :)


good luck

No comments: